Each class, event, and workshop offered through LmL will be a space for self discovery. Claire and Janel encourage their students to honor with patience the needs and boundaries of their bodies and minds, offer mindful movement to explore, and incorporate joy and play as a way to gain greater insight into our own personal experiences even when in a group setting.
In practice, inclusivity with LML means:
• we truly love it when anyone with any skill level or familiarity with yoga comes to our classes
• we build and structure our classes to the bodies that come to class
• we give you OPTIONS not modifications.
• we encourage YOU to experiment with those options, movements and poses; to explore your body and its sensations.
• we don’t talk about “perfect” poses because the perfect pose is what feels right for YOU in your body in that moment.
The LML mission includes supporting our students in honoring their bodily autonomy.
Autonomy is self governance & we help you develop this practice by encouraging you to:
- Respect your body’s needs + desires
- Create boundaries for yourself inside the movement & acknowledge that these boundaries (what you are comfortable with) changes over time
- do what works for you
- remember: there is no “perfect”
- try to make the pose fit your body, not your body fit the pose